Headed to the gun range in Florida to sharpen your marksmanship? There are some basic tenets you should adhere to from the moment you enter “hot” content. Read below and learn how one should conduct himself in this location, and you’ll be viewed as a pro – whether it is your first or fiftieth visit. The standard rules of etiquette for the range are as follows:
1. Pay attention to where you are aiming your gun’s muzzle. Your muzzle should always be pointed toward the ground unless you are ready to discharge your weapon. This is one of the most important rules to adhere to at a gun range in Florida because no one wants to believe that you are pointing your weapon at their face on purpose.
2. Immediately comply if the range leader asks you to do something. The two words that should have you sprint to attention quickly are “Cease Fire!” When you hear that phrase, immediately stop discharging your gun.
3. If you need to change your target, wait until all the other shooters have put their weapons down and the range is quiet. Please proceed to the mark and replace it quickly, and then return to your designated lane. Wait to pick your gun up again until the range is declared hot.
4. Are you bringing multiple firearms to the range? If so, try to keep the cartridges separate. This will lower the chance of accidentally loading one into the wrong gun. Even if you have brought a weapon with rapid-fire capabilities, check the range safety rules before you shoot your gun in this manner. This range discourages quick firing, and you will need to plug slower. If you are unsure whether the field condones rapid shooting, asking the person in charge never hurts. If you cannot immediately ask him, err on caution and shoot slowly.
5. After you are finished with your shooting session, do what any respectable person would do: clean up your brass and any other residue in the area. Pack away your weapons without impeding anyone else, and proceed to the lobby. Nearly all shooters take great care to follow all gun range rules and Florida etiquette. Ensure you are among them, and you will demand respect from your fellow shooters.